Monday, July 14, 2014

I Changed my mind

I've decided against any kind of surgery to lose weight. I'm not that much over weight that I feel its justified and after spending a lot of time pondering it I decided that I haven't exhausted everything that I can do . I couldn't shake the fact that I hadn't done everything possible for myself and therefore surgery would be the lazy way out...not life out death. Quit being so dreadfully dramatic Cheryl.
A few Weeks ago I quit eating after dinner. It was somewhat challenging for the first few days but now its old hat. I've lost a few pounds I can tell.since I drink only water i'm not worried about accidentally drinking something either. Its not just about not eating (although it's amazing how many calories I was eating at night), it's about shutting down my digestive system and giving my organs a break...therefore NOTHING goes in the mouth. No tastes, bites or sips of anything.
There's no rapid weight loss going on here but I feel better and I don't have any strange pains in my stomach. I don't wake up feeling like my food hasn't digested. This is just my first step. It's not a real small one either like I thought it would be. I'm constantly having to tell people "no thanks, I don't eat after dinner." I suppose this will die down when winter gets here. If I think i'm gonna want something sweet I eat it with dinner.
It's weird...I was talking to my mom and she's doing the exact same thing! Great minds think alike.

No comments:

Post a Comment